The Madness of the Marathon Runner

The Madness of the Marathon Runner

Welcome to my marathon training blog. Less than half way into a 16 week training programme from what will hopefully be my ninth marathon, ...

Monday 23 January 2017

The Madness of the Marathon Runner

Welcome to my marathon training blog. Less than half way into a 16 week training programme from what will hopefully be my ninth marathon, I have decided to blog about my experiences (both good and bad) on the journey to completing what is never an easy (no matter how many times you've done it before) task the 26.2 mile trek to despair (and finally elation)....the marathon.
Under the guidance of Joe O'Connor in a personal training capacity, this time out things have most definietely stepped up a notch, as runs are logged and exmained, weights are done (and is taken!), cross training encouraged and a freshness and eagerness to get to the start line is the primary goal as I attempt to better my previous efforts in preparation and who knows maybe even time.(no pressure!!)
Thtoughout my next 9 weeks of training I will hopefully give an idea about what it is to take on this gruelling task, recording the highs and lows and sharing the lessons I learn (and don't learn) on the way to the holy grail of that sacred finish line! Any thoughts, comments or questions will be most welcome! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment