The Madness of the Marathon Runner

The Madness of the Marathon Runner

Welcome to my marathon training blog. Less than half way into a 16 week training programme from what will hopefully be my ninth marathon, ...

Monday 13 March 2017

Rest the legs....and activate the brain!

With the marathon just days away, the time for physical toil is over!
No extra miles are going to make any difference now. The hardwork is done and it's time to give the body a rest and let the brain take over.
Start visualising the day. Challenges you may face. Tough uphills. Nice downhills! The support of the crowd. The finish line!
It's important too to finalise your strategy for the day regarding gels and water. How often are you going to take them? If you are going to have someone on the course to support you/give you gels etc where should they be placed.
To give my legs a rest today, I decided to cycle the course and it both settled me and enhanced my focus for the big event.
These are the night to work on your sleep, hydration, diet and nutrition. Everything else is out of your control.
Don't worry about the intensity dropping - marathon day will make up for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment