The Madness of the Marathon Runner

The Madness of the Marathon Runner

Welcome to my marathon training blog. Less than half way into a 16 week training programme from what will hopefully be my ninth marathon, ...

Monday 13 March 2017

The soundtrack of my marathon training programme!

Having run a lot of miles of this marathon training programme on my own (thanks to Brian & Seamus for the other miles!) my ipod has become invaluable and even though it's not recommended come race time it has got me through tough weather, hills and fatigue. At this point besides the fact that I'm completely fed up of every one the 5,000+ songs on it at this stage, I've decided to share a few tunes that have got me through tough (and not so tough) times during this training programme. - I have also left a few embarrassing ones out! (let's just say I've found a new found respect for 80's music and it's ability to give a lift when the going got tough!)
1. Colony - Damien Dempsey:
Damo's raw energy, anger and passion has got me through a lot of tough miles and for that I am forever grateful!
2.I Want to Break Free - Queen:
A handy one when you're bunched at the start of a race! Freddie's big voice has given me a lift and a new sense of freshness when needed!
3.I Feel it Coming - The Weeknd feat Daft Punk:
The easy listening of this tune has calmed me mentally,forgetting the pain and just drifting along without a care in the world!
4.I Can't Explain - The Who:
Upbeat tune that just tends to speed up the legs subconsciously.
5. Eye of the Tiger - Survivor
Come on admit it! We've all had this blaring whilst we power on trying our best to stop ourselves shadow boxing at the same time! Classic!
6. Sweet Disposition - Temper Trap
Nice steady beat that increases/loudens as song continues resulting in uptempo stride and feelings of joy!
7. Sultans of Swing - Dire Straits
Guitar licks that can't be beaten and nice rapid drum beat - just don't skip ahead before legendary solo near the end!
8. Right Here Right Now - Fatboy Slim
If you can't get the legs pumping with this in your ears - you're technically dead!
9. Starlight - Muse
Big venue tune that can give a well needed lift due to Matt Bellamy vocals and loud guitars!
10. All My Life - Foo Fighters
Why not let Dave Grohl wake you from your mid run slumber and give you that well needed kickstart to keep going over the last few tough miles!
11. Scooter - Faster Harder Scooter.....only kidding (Who actually listens to that sh""te?)

No comments:

Post a Comment