The Madness of the Marathon Runner

The Madness of the Marathon Runner

Welcome to my marathon training blog. Less than half way into a 16 week training programme from what will hopefully be my ninth marathon, ...

Wednesday 22 February 2017

You are not alone - Comfort in numbers!

Even though you may have had to face those long miles alone and the training programme can be tough at times - there is always a nice reassurance that on that fateful marathon day you will line up alongside hundreds (or in some cases thousands) of like minded lunatics that have decided for one reason or another to also train for and attempt this 26.2 mile adventure. The notion that these like minded individuals will go through the same mental and physical anguish as the run progresses always seems to help me psychologically as I know that even though I am having to face this moutain myself, I am not alone in my struggle!
So whenever you need that extra push to get you over the line, just think of all those runners around you, and even though they may not say or show it are going through exactly the same pain as you and a few miles down the road is that welcome finish line!

No comments:

Post a Comment